Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened to Me Today...

...I had the best day I've had in a looooong time! Seriously. Incredible day.

Watched "Brand Upon the Brain" which may very well go into my top ten films of all time. And is quite possibly the third best film I've ever seen editing wise (1 & 2 are The Fountain and 2001).

I've been strapped for cash for a bit due to some weird money issues, and I had to dip into my nest egg to cover my expenses for a bit. Oddly enough, whenever I do this, whenever I crack the egg, overall quality of life seems to improve ever so slightly. Then the money is replaced immediately within two days.

Read "Robot Dreams" at the school library, read a bunch of books on Titian and Raphael (two of the greatest painters of all time). The most interesting thing about these two men is that if you put their pictures into gray scale, their still just as three dimensional if not more so.



As I left I was stopped on the street by a member of the ACLU, he was a big guy with a sort of Zen like Po-ness about him. I laughed in his face and kept walking to the corner. The light was red, so I thought it over for a second and turned around and decided to talk to him. Had a great conversation about politics (non-partisan of course) and I am now a proud card carrying member of the ACLU!

Every election I feel like I can't be any more of a political junky and I constantly out-due myself.

Came home, blogged for a bit, snuggled with Nicole, then went to work. I love my job. It's nice and simple. Watch movies all day, talk to fun people and then go home.

EVERYONE IN SAN FRANCISCO, GO TO GRAMAPHONE VIDEO ON POLK ST OR GRAMAPHONE VIDEO/VIDEO CONTROL ON MARKET ST! IT'S WORTH IT! $4 FOR TWO DAYS, ALL OLDER FILMS ARE FIVE DAYS!
TUESDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS ARE 2 FOR 1 AND THURSDAYS TOO IF YOU ARE A STUDENT! LATE FEES ARE $2 A DAY!! PLUS, IT'S FASTER THAN NETFLIX!!!

Anywho, as I'm closing up shop, this guy comes in and says "I NEED FOUR MOVIES, FAST!" Luckily, all of them were in the same section. We started talking about Brazil and how much better it is than Twelve Monkeys and after a bit he told me he owned a production company and was doing research for a new project. I said if he ever needed an editor he should look me up. He said "As a matter of fact..."

Looks like I may have a new job! ; )

No comments: